Saturday, May 31, 2008

HIGHLIGHTS FROM MAY

Life has been a little crazy, as we are getting ready to move. Nothing unnerves me more than being surrounded by boxes. It was a huge relief when we where able to get them out. So then I thought with getting 90% of our stuff out of the house, I would have less to pick up (more free time, right?) however with 4 kids it is amazing how the other 10% can still be scattered absolutely everywhere.
We are having lots of fun playing soccer and doing gymnastics inside the house a treat I am reminding the kids will be coming to an end soon.

Photobucket
One highlight of the last few weeks was the going away party we did for my parents. It still does not feel real that they will actually be leaving and words can not express how much we are going to miss them. It was a great day!!!
Photobucket
No party is complete without cousins and a fun pool, especially when
it is 100 degrees out even in Dana Point.
Photobucket

Photobucket

This was one of my missionary companions Petey (my nickname for her :).
I have packed all my photo’s or would have posted one of us in Denmark but
in my opinion we still look the same just each married now and each with 4 kids.
I love her and it has been fun having her in our stake.
Last Saturday we went to her son's birthday party.
Photobucket

It was at this really cool park in Yorba Linda. You have got to love crazy California weather the week prior we were at the beach in 100 degree heat.
This day it was in the 60’s and raining.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Either Josh is just that big or is Bryce just that small?
Photobucket

Photobucket
Little did I know that trying to snap a quick pic on the tree would prove to be so difficult, I took like 20 of these and they all stunk. Taryn thought the tree was too itchy, Josh thought it was too high, Bryce did not want to sit still and Anika just wanted me to hurry up. I think each of their expressions are just too funny.
Photobucket
No party is complete without a pinata, Josh took some nice swings.
Photobucket
But it was Taryn that broke it open, go girl!!!
Photobucket
Some other highlights these last couple of weeks involve Anika. Every month in her class they do a big project. This month it was going to be a talent show,
which I thought was great. I figured she would sing because she is in voice lessons
or maybe display some art, do a few tricks with the soccer ball. No, no, she did not want to do any of that, she was going to DANCE! Now, she has been in gymnastics and ballet before but not in the last couple of years so I was really nervous for her.
Well, despite my nerves , she went out there and did great!!
At 8 I would never have had the confidence to pull that off.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Speaking of having Confidence and I guess the ability to develop it,
today she went on stage to perform songs for a good size audience with her
class at the fender center. It really does amaze me how she has improved her voice. We started the lessons back in January and for some reason on the way there for
the first time she was freaking out because she was so scared she would not know anyone or that she would have to sing in front of people. She has come a long way.
For their class performance she sang a solo of Popular from Wicked and rocked it!!!
Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

Sheryl said...

Taryn totally has your mom's mouth and smile!! When I saw a hint of your mom's mouth when you had Josh's bday pictures up, I didn't know who it was...but now, there it is. Where are your parents going by the way? Don't your kids just amaze you at the courage they have to do great things... things I know I wouldn't have done either. You rock mom! See you soon!

Joy said...

please don't post moving photos. It makes it more real.

Caroline Haring said...

It will be a sad day when you have to move. You've got some very brave and confident kids, how did you do that???


Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker