Sunday, May 11, 2008

CALLED TO SERVE....

On the Dunkley side of our family there are 16 grandchildren Bryce is the youngest at 1 and Jacob is the oldest. He was 19 on May 8th and just spent this last year up at BYU. He has always been awesome (His Mom and Dad are wonderful examples to us on how to be great parents) and he is such a good example to all of his cousins.
We were blessed to be able to gather together this weekend and watch him open up
his mission call.
Photobucket
The room was filled with anticipation and excitement!!!
Elder Taylor you have been called to serve in the...
Photobucket
Guatamala Quetzaltenango Mission!!!!
Photobucket

Photobucket
The experience brought back a flood of memories for me. It seems like yesterday when I was in Denmark but I have been home for 10 years now.
I know that Jacob is going to be a great missionary and the people of Guatamala will be blessed by the message he is going to be sharing with them.
Photobucket
Earlier in the day we went to Dos Logos and had fun walking around with
Kevin, Michelle, Kaleb and some friends.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

6 comments:

Sheryl said...

Opening missionary calls with family and friends, nothing better. We have so enjoyed the anticpation and excitement surrounded by love.

Love the family pics. I love how you make the everyday magical with your family!

Joseph Dunkley said...

Thank you for being who you are and for all that you do. I am proud of your blogg. Now get off the computer and start packing!!! ;-)

Kat said...

Yea! What a cute family picture.

It seems like yesterday I was opening my call too. I'd do anything to serve a mission again.

Joe's comment makes me laugh. Blogging is addicting.

The Cardenas Clan said...

Looks like a great time with the fam. Great pics too!! Packing for what? Anywhere fun?

Chris said...

Barbra!
I love the family pics...the blog is wonderful! You are talented and amazing - when do you find the time? I miss having your famiy closeby - let's plan some fun day trips this summer - we have no vacation plans. Love you!

Kris said...

Thanks for all of your help! I am excited to blog with you! Check us out!


Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker