Tuesday, May 27, 2008

THE JOY OF YOUTH 1985-87

I was challenged by a friend to post some pictures of the awkward years. Well, I had so much fun looking at old photo albums on Monday trying to figure out which pictures I could share and all I can say is there were so many to choose yet so little time. This first one I was about 10 on my way to summer camp for a week.
As you can tell I definitely had a passion for fashion.

Photobucket

Even at 11, I loved baking. With this one I want to give a shout out to my fabulous orthodontist that has helped make my life something to smile about.

awkward 1
I was 12 here on my first day of 6th grade. Oblivious to the world around me, but luckily I had company with my best friends by my side:) I think our Mom's were trying to keep us little girls for as long as they could. I will also note that I was always the tallest girl in my class, something I was not fond of then but have loved ever since I was around 16.

Photobucket

This was hard for me to post these pictures. I wanted to chicken out but Joe is standing over my shoulder pushing me out of my comfort zone
and I love him for that.

7 comments:

Kim L. said...

I would TOTALLY want to date you!
Eric

Just kidding...Kim

Caroline Haring said...

LOVE the powder blue outfit from head to toe! Your photos are great. Glad we don't have to go through the 80's again, that was a rough one.

Tonya said...

I love this! You are so cute and so beautiful...always...

I am loving those baby blue knee highs...very cute!

Barbra...you are a stunning mother and always have such a cheerful affect that I admire so much!

xoxo

Tonya

Joy said...

You were so tall. I remember girls like you. I see a little of you more in Anika now. Thanks for a smile.

Chelle said...

How fun! I wore dresses like that until 6th or 7th grade too, that's when I graduated to leggings, oversized t shirts & frizzy hair. Sad times! Thanks for sharing those pics, they are fun!

Sheryl said...

Those pictures show what a great girl you were, that lead to the More than amazing woman you are today!! It is amazing how those who were oblivious to the fashion of the day, were content in their innocence...it is written all over your beautiful face. Power to the beautiful in us all!

Anonymous said...

I love those pictures. i'm trying to get up the courage to post mine....scary!


Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker