Wednesday, April 22, 2009

HAIR TODAY......GONE TO....

CHARITY

O.K. so I think it might be easy for most to figure out that I love long hair. I like it on myself and I like it on my girls. I have cut my hair a little above my shoulders and it never looked good and was harder for me to style. So for all the people who say long hair must be so hard to do well, it is not, for me it has always been easier.
I also enjoy fixing my girls hair every morning.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I guess a blessing of having a long hair is that you can give it away and make a difference for someone else. When the girls both heard that they would be doing a fundraiser at their school called “Pony up your Ponytail” they were ready to sign up. They would use this donated hair to make wigs for children with cancer. They have been looking forward to doing it for months. As a Mom I could not be more pleased with their generous donation. I was getting a lot of slack for not doing it myself, but since I am already feeling big and pregnant I thought chopping off my hair right now might send me over the top, maybe next year.

Photobucket

Their school did such a great job in making the room look so cute
and making the girls feel special for what they were doing.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

They had a lot of fun having an audience of their friends to cheer them on in support. It was pretty funny.
Photobucket


I wanted to get some pics of the girls all finished by the cute decorations but they both ran off so fast to be with friends, I never got a chance. So we took a few in some bad light back at home but they look darling. They were so cute and could not stop talking about how light it felt and all the cute styles they would wear.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Girls you will always be beautiful !!!

6 comments:

Kris said...

That is AWESOME! What great girls you have! They look very cute with their new hair styles!

Joy said...

I am so proud of you that you let them cut their hair.

Caroline Haring said...

I've never heard of a school doing something like this. How wonderful! You must be so proud to have terrific kids that think of others. Good job, Mom!

Sheryl said...

They have never looked so Beautiful! Girls YOU ROCK! Love you!

Lisa said...

Logan guessed who they were in the first picture! This was such a great thing to do, and they are so darling with their new look!

Susannah said...

That is so awesome! I loved it. I also think it is pretty cool that your girls are the ones who wanted to do it, just because, and not because someone told them too. They look so stinking cute with their new cut! Love it!


Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker