Saturday, July 12, 2008

SAY CHEESE...

That was the theme for this year's Orange County fair. I have been going to the fair ever since I can remember. Besides swimming and the beach, summer = the fair.
It is now so much fun to see my kids enjoy it as much as I always have. It is an event they look forward to every year. My sister and her kids came along as well as Michelle and Kaleb, who had never been before.

Knowing all the unhealthy snacks we would be consuming at the fair, we started off our morning at our favorite bagel place for a yummy breakfast.
Photobucket

The kids were ready to go once we got into the gates and we stoped for maybe 2 minutes to admire the cool sand sculpture at the entrance. In that short time we lost Troy. Really I think he was just ready to go do his own thing, he has always been very independent. Luckily, we found him quickly, the fair staff were great and he had already been taken to the Lost Kids booth where he was having a fun time coloring. When we walked up the Sheriff asked who Auntie Barbra was. I was the only one he talked about leaving him. I however refuse to take that blame since I was looking after my own 4 little angels who would never stray from my side ever :). Anyhow, he walked away with the title of the first lost kid for the 2008 fair season. Just look at that face though, he always makes us laugh and makes life just a little more exciting. They did give us a good tip, that anytime you come to a big event where you could possibly become seperated from your child to slip a piece of paper with your cell phone number in their pocket.
Photobucket

After all that excitment we headed over to do kids crafts.
Photobucket

and play in the big sand pit .
Photobucket

Pretend grocery shopping is always a big hit. You will notice that Bryce is only wearing a shirt in this picture and actually he had to go the whole day like that. With all the excitement the fair offers, Josh decided to not tell me he had to use the restroom, that was a nice moment:). Luckily I had put Bryce in a pair of shorts that were a little big and very stretchy that Josh wore the rest of the day.
Photobucket

Then it was off to do the rides for a long time. It was 1.00 ride day.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The kids always enjoy the animals and the fair's petting zoo is the best!!!
Photobucket

Photobucket

The kids never stopped eating and O.K. neither did the adults.
Photobucket

Another unique fair moment was the kids milking a plastic cow.
Creepy or Cool, I will let you decide.
Photobucket

They all loved the baby chicks.
Photobucket

It felt like we had to stop for every single one of these, picture opportunities. With our group it was more of an invitation to see who could push hard enought to get the other kid out of the way and get the next turn.
Photobucket

After walking around so much, the kids loved the foot massage machines.
Photobucket Photobucket
We actually made it through 9 hours with 7 kids under 8.
Overall it was a wonderful day and we walked away with another
great summer memory of the fair.

8 comments:

Kris said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun! We miss you!!

Sheryl said...

Whoo HOO! I want to be your kid! You always do such fun and great stuff,and have the energy to do it well! I grew up going to the fair as well, but have not been in years. That sounds like a great date night! Good to spend time with you yesterday. See YOUR kids were fab, they didn't get lost, ate a little sand maybe, but lost NEVER!

Chelle said...

I love the pic capturing Kaleb pushing :):) We had so much fun & I never would have made it over there without you calling. Thanks for a great day at the fair!

kam said...

Barbra-
I didn't even get to say goodbye. Joy told me today that you had moved...I knew it was coming soon but I still felt sad.
I too love the fair! We are going for sure because I LOVE ALL THE FOOD! Pregnant or not it is one of the best times of the summer...how can you beat all that fried food?
I hope the fair is still going strong...remember when it finishes? I will check it out online. Hope all is well in the new digs- Kam

Caroline Haring said...

I don't ever remember going to the fair as a little kid. I think I totally missed out. Your kids look like they had a blast - glad you did too!

Anonymous said...

looks like a blast. my mom always puts her name in cell phone in the grandkids pockets when they go to disneyland. you could just make up some t-shirts with your name and number and make all your kids wear them. lol.

Kat said...

I have no shame, I have to admit, I was always the kid getting lost. I just got carried away with the excitement every where we went.

OMG-I miss you already. When is your next visit? We are blessing our baby July 27th. Wanna come? I'll have good food after.

Rachel said...

Hi Barb and Joe,
I love your family blog site. I thought I would look for it since Rachel started a family blog site,The Cheerio Chronicles,
Darwin Rehart


Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker