Monday, July 21, 2008

THE DAYS OF SUMMER…

Continue on and on. We are enjoying the beautiful weather and have been spending lots of time outside in the backyard and are having fun with a little extra room to go explore.

Photobucket

We also get fun visitors every day like Bambi.
Photobucket

When we are not in the backyard we are at the beach club.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This past Saturday we had a stake pioneer day where the kids enjoyed lots of fun games and reconecting with old friends. We have always thought that
Courtney and Anika looked like sisters ever since they were babies.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I am not one to tell Taryn how to dress, that was a battle I gave up on a long time ago.
She just looks like a pioneer from the Hawaiian Islands, right.
Photobucket

The highlight of our past weekend was spent in Newport. I was able to get together with one of my missionary companions. They currently live in Idaho and we had not seen each other in a long time. Her last visit to California was when she had been home for a month and came out to be in our wedding which feels as though it was yesterday. They played a lot at Disneyland and I can not blame her for that :) but she was finally :) able to sneak in some time to see us so we met up at Fashion Island. We had so much fun catching up and watching the kids play. I kept trying to convince her to move here :) we will see if that works. Her name is Susannah but she will always be Lloydey to me and one of my dearest friends :) Her son Tyson is the cutest little guy ever and her husband is just hilarious. We had a wonderful afternoon.
Photobucket

This was my favorite pic of us primping for the pictures,
Jeremy was snapping away before we were ready to go.
Photobucket


My favorite thing here are all the fun fountains they have and this Koi pond is always cool for the kids.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We also took a walk down at the pier.
Photobucket

When in Newport I never come home without some of these.
Joe still says they are just cupcakes but to me they are so much more. YUM!!!!
Photobucket

I have tried them all and as much as a chocolate girl that I am,
the VANILLA are my absolute favorite!!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Kim L. said...

K, I am sooooooooooo jealous right now, I can hardly speak. Is that beach club a part of your homeowners association? WHEN CAN WE MOVE IN! What a DREAM! Who needs the real beach when you have a perfect FAKE in your neighborhood!?!?!?!? It looks soooooooooo beautiful there. Is the church strong? Good schools? I think I need to move there.\"/

Heidi said...

Ohhh the Perfect Days of Summer. You are so cool! I just love watching your family grow, even from afar off!

Anonymous said...

I second that about the beach in your hood. we went to the real beach yesterday, and it's a lot of work. i'll take the pool. You guys look like you are having a blast in the OC. And i have got to try those cupcakes...i keep hearing about them...someday!


Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker