Wednesday, February 11, 2009

SIMPLIFY...

This has been my motto lately, and one I plan on keeping around for awhile.

Nothing is more simple than having the kids play in the backyard with play dough. . Taryn took a chance and asked me the dreaded question, “Mom can we please play with play dough? We will play with it outside, pleeeeaaaase.” I think I have said no so much to it that they had almost forgotten we owned any. I really can not stand that stuff and the mess it makes but whatever it takes to create sibling bonding moments I am all for, they played with it nicely with eachother for over 3 hours.

Photobucket

Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

While they were playing we got a knock on the door. What a simple and wonderful surprise to get a Valentines gift from Grandpa and Grandma. It is always fun to open packages. Thank you Mom and Dad!!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Chelle said...

Sorry, they probably asked because I let them play with it over here. I think it's much less of a mess than the other things kids could be getting into!!!

Caroline Haring said...

Josh is getting so BIG! We never had playdough as a kid. The first time I got to play with it was in my 1st grade class. I think you're right that putting up with the mess was worth the 3 hours of bonding time. I can't believe they lasted that long!

Kris said...

WOW!! Bryce is getting so big. I love the HUGE smile in the picture! Great idea - I'm realizing it has been a while since we played with play dough too! Have a great day!


Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker